Friday, December 8, 2017

One Watercolor Framed Two Ways

BLUE BIRD
Watercolor Batik  - 8x10
SOLD

I am often asked the best way to frame a watercolor painting so I thought I would answer that today. Unlike oil or acrylic art watercolors need to be framed under glass for protection of the painting against any moisture. Adding a mat will enhance the art by providing a border between the image and the frame. I prefer a double mat with the inner mat in a color that coordinates with the painting and the outer mat a white or off white color.


The frame doesn't have to match the matting but I thought I would show two different color schemes for this one painting so that you can see how it can really change the overall look. Wood or metal frames are available in all sizes to make the framing process easier.