Saturday, June 24, 2017

Before & After SUNFLOWER ROOSTER

SUNFLOWER ROOSTER
Watercolor - 11x15

Roosters are always fun to paint and you can really go to town with all of their bright colors. I also love sunflowers so putting the rooster in a field of them was a no brainer. I did, however, want to leave some space at the top of the painting in case I decided to add some words on the digital image and design an art print. 


You can see in this 'before' photo of the watercolor that I just left a soft suggestion of sunflowers at the top of the painting. After I took my photos and got a good digital image I went back in and painted more detail in the sunflowers at the top left and right of the background. I haven't finished the design of the Watercolor & Words print but it will be coming soon!


Any suggestions for a clever, heart warming sunflower/rooster quote?